Precalculating tweened properties vs calculate on runtime

mariogarranz

So, recently I created my own tweening functionality to overcome some issues I was having with Phaser's ones and make it fit my needs a little better.

While doing so I realized Phaser, and apparently many other engines out there, precalculate the tweened values and store them into an array that's later used to update the object's values instead of calculating the value update on every frame.

The way I see it, if calculating all the values for a tween that will be played for one second takes, let's say, 1 ms, I would prefer to have those calculations done in 1/60 ms during the whole second, as the impact on performance sounds lower this way than having a CPU intensive frame while the rest are all lower.

Is there any good reason to do this that I'm missing?

PS: Also, what I was considering is building some sort of tween cache, where I do actually store tween progressions (0-1) for a certain type of tween and time so I can reuse them multiple times, even with different object or values, would be happy to hear if anyone ever used this or if has some interesting thoughts on it.