Tween sprite with an arc.

j0hnskot

I put something together for you on jsfiddle to show one way of achieving an arc using a straight tween on the x axis and Math.sin to create an arc on the y

http://jsfiddle.net/zHhus/

The relevant bit of the code is the function 'doTween'

function doTween(){    //NOTE THAT Y GOES FROM ZERO TO MATH.PI    var from = {x:10, y: 0};    var to = {x:w-10, y: Math.PI};    var tw = new TWEEN.Tween(from);    tw.to(to, 3000);    tw.onUpdate(function(){        tweenX = this.x;        //THIS IS THE IMPORTANT BIT (h is the height of the canvas)        tweenY = h - (Math.sin(this.y) * h);    });    tw.start();};

I'm trying to implement what alex_h suggested but, god, math are too hard for my brain :( 

All i want is for a ball to reach an object with an arc, and when it's there it should start falling with an arc. Anything simpler? If not, i'll try to implement what suggested already.

Of course, by all means steal, adapt, reuse and enjoy! I use this method to make pieces on a board in an isometric turn-based-game 'hop' from one place to the next. It's by no means 'physically accurate' but it looks right and allows total control over the movement.