Vertical sprite collision overlap/fallthrough

colgate

Hi,

New to Phaser, but I can't seem to get some basic functionality working. Using Arcade physics, when my sprites hop on top of each other they compress and sometimes fall through the floor. Like so:

x1ynQwi.png

I've feel like I've tried everything but I wouldn't be surprised if I missed something obvious.

Here's what I hope is the relevant code. Please forgive its poor quality. I've also attached the whole file if that helps.

Thanks!

function create() {    //  A simple background for our game    game.add.sprite(0, 0, 'sky');    //  The platforms group contains the ground and the 2 ledges we can jump on    platforms = game.add.group();    //  We will enable physics for any object that is created in this group    platforms.enableBody = true;    // Here we create the ground.    var ground = platforms.create(0, game.world.height-64, 'ground');    //  Scale it to fit the width of the game (the original sprite is 400x32 in size)    ground.scale.setTo(2, 2);    //  This stops it from falling away when you jump on it    ground.body.immovable = true;    ground.body.allowGravity = false;    // The player and its settings    player = game.add.sprite(150, game.world.height - 150, 'dude');    player2 = game.add.sprite(300, game.world.height - 150, 'dude');    player3 = game.add.sprite(450, game.world.height - 150, 'dude');    player4 = game.add.sprite(600, game.world.height - 150, 'dude');    players = game.add.group();    players.add(player);    players.add(player2);    players.add(player3);    players.add(player4);        //  We need to enable physics on the player    game.physics.arcade.enable(players, Phaser.Physics.ARCADE);    game.physics.arcade.OVERLAP_BIAS = 30;    game.physics.arcade.TILE_BIAS = 1000;    game.physics.arcade.gravity.y = 2600;    players.callAll('body.collideWorldBounds', 'body', true);    player.body.bounce.x = 0;    player.body.bounce.y = 0;    player.body.allowRotation = false;    player2.body.bounce.x =0;    player2.body.bounce.y =0;        player2.body.allowRotation = false;    player3.body.bounce.x =0;    player3.body.bounce.y =0;        player3.body.allowRotation = false;    player4.body.bounce.x =0;    player4.body.bounce.y =0;        player4.body.allowRotation = false;    //  Our two animations, walking left and right.    players.callAll('animations.add', 'animations', 'left', [0, 1, 2, 3], 10, true);    players.callAll('animations.add', 'animations', 'right', [5, 6, 7, 8], 10, true);    //  The score    scoreText = game.add.text(200, 300, '', { fontSize: '68px', fill: '#000' });    //  Our controls.    cursors = game.input.keyboard.createCursorKeys();        //  Finally some stars to collect    stars = game.add.group();    //  We will enable physics for any star that is created in this group    stars.enableBody = true;}function update() {    //  Collide the player and the stars with the platforms    game.physics.arcade.collide(platforms, players);       game.physics.arcade.collide(players, players);    game.physics.arcade.collide(stars, platforms);    //  Checks to see if the player overlaps with any of the stars, if he does call the collectStar function    game.physics.arcade.overlap(players, stars, collectStar, null, this);    //  Reset the players velocity (movement)    player.body.velocity.x = 0;    player2.body.velocity.x = 0;    player3.body.velocity.x = 0;    player4.body.velocity.x = 0;    player.body.angle = 0;    player2.body.angle = 0;    player3.body.angle = 0;    player4.body.angle = 0;    }

index.html

Yes, this is a shortcoming in the separation code of Arcade Physics, which was not designed for this kind of multi-body contact. The more things are stacked on top of one another, the more weird it gets. See this post for possible workarounds: http://www.html5gamedevs.com/topic/7810-how-to-increase-rigidity-of-arcade-sprite-bodies/