"e.scale is not a function" error on animation end.

andrew-m

Hi,

Complete newb to both Babylon and 3d in general, and I'm getting a mystery error at the end of an animation:

"TypeError: e.scale is not a function" (at line 10 of babylon.1.13.js)

Does anyone know if this is a common error, and what I've done to cause it?

You can see the offending scene here: http://www.flowerchild.org.uk/3dDogfight/ 

Hit the "a" key to trigger the animation. The animation seems to work OK (some rotation and translation), but no further animations will trigger. 

I'm afraid I haven't stripped it down to a minimal example, and I'm out of time tonight, but if necessary I can do that in the next few days time permitting.

Extra stuff:

The error happened with babylon.1.12 too.

I can only test in Firefox 30 (I'm on Ubuntu, and Chrome so far refuses to fathom my graphics drivers). 

I'm getting

Finally - big thanks to Temechon, who's Toad attack tutorial I've been following, and apologies to Temechon for probably not reading the tutorial carefully enough!

Hey, 

Thank you for reading my tutorial :)

As AlexB asked, it would be easier to debug your code with a un-minified version of Babylonjs...

However, I think you may have discovered a bug...

A simple playground example to reproduce it : http://www.babylonjs.com/playground/#P5XVX (look at the console error).

I will try to debug it later today.

Cheers !

Ok, I found it :)

It's a bug in babylon.js. The problem is here : 

Animation.prototype._interpolate : case Animation.ANIMATIONLOOPMODE_RELATIVE:    quaternion = this.quaternionInterpolateFunction(startValue, endValue, gradient).add(offsetValue.scale(repeatCount));    break;}

The problem occurs because the mode ANIMATIONLOOPMODE_RELATIVE is used on this animation, and because offsetValue equals 0 : scale is undefined on a float.

offsetValue equlas 0 because of this : 

Animation.prototype.animate :  var range = to - from; var ratio = delay * (this.framePerSecond * speedRatio) / 1000.0; if (ratio > range && !loop) {      offsetValue = 0;      returnValue = false;      highLimitValue = this._keys[this._keys.length - 1].value; } else {       //... }

We will need for someone to fix it, as I don't have any clue about how to do it.

As a workaround, you can use the mode ANIMATIONLOOPMODE_CYCLE in your animation.

Cheers !