how to change position of imported mesh

gadget

to test if the newMeshes[0] is truly "there", simply use

console.log(newMeshes[0])

and check to see if it shows the object tree in the console! <3

Or a bit more safely, depending on your browser environment, use 

console.log(Object.keys(newMeshes[0]).length);

(For example, node-webkit logs "" for an object that's unstringified, and stringifying an object with functions results in an error)

I had tried: 

scene.position = new BABYLON.Vector3(0,-1000,0);
            BABYLON.SceneLoader.ImportMesh("bmw7", "scenes/", "bmw7.babylon", scene, function (newMeshes) {                // Set the target of the camera to the first imported mesh                camera.target = newMeshes[0];								var car = scene.getMeshByID("bmw7");                car.position = new Babylon.vector3(-1000,-1000, -1000);

did not work

Hello gadget, 

Try this : 

BABYLON.SceneLoader.ImportMesh("bmw7", "scenes/", "bmw7.babylon", scene, function (newMeshes) {   // Set the target of the camera to the first imported mesh   camera.target = newMeshes[0];				   var car = newMeshes[0];   car.position.y = -1000;}

Be careful, -1000 is a very high value. 

Cheers, 

Hi gadget,

This is the way to change a mesh's position. I checked your babylon file - you only have one mesh, so newMeshes[0] is the correct object.

I can't help but asking - How do you expect to see the change you are doing in the mesh's position? the camera's target is the object itself, so even after you changed the object's position, the camera (you selected the ArcRotateCamera) will focus on that object. without any other reference objects in the area, or position output on the screen/console, you will never notice the object was moved...

Maybe help us understand what you really want to do, and we might be able to suggest a better solution. If you just want to be able to see the car from above , maybe change the camera type so you can position it above the object. the free camera might come in handy. 

I hope this helps!