html5 canvas in chrome extension.

JackBid

Hi,

I am not particularly adept with html5 game development, but I was wanting to make some mini-games into chrome extensions. However, I tried to load a simple html5 mini-game as a chrome extension and it loaded with just the html and css - no javascript or canvas. I am unsure why this is and could not find a solution on Google. Do chrome extensions not support html5 canvas? The projects runs fine just in a browser.

Thanks.

You can certainly do whatever in a Chrome extension and your not being very specific as to what the details are.

Plus, an extension?....do you mean a packaged app (or woteva their calling em these days)?...I just cant fathom any reason it would be an extension.

Have you ever made an extension before?  Do you understand the security restrictions put on an extension?...its just that from what you wrote my first guess is that the js is in the html of the thing and thats not allowed (no inline scripts).

What's the console saying?

And for a guaranteed help, supply your source code.

Hi, it turned out that there was a problem with my jquery (which I have now fixed) and also there as an issue with re-sizing in my css (which I have also fixed). I think the problem was that you download a jquery file and not the web address version. Everything is working fine now though.