Destroy Phaser Game Completely

MarvinB

Hi Guys,

I am new to this community and this is actually my second post, but my first one didn't appear. So I hope I am not posting my question twice. If it does appear, my apologies!  :wacko:

Anyhow, I am pretty stuck on a problem. I found a dirty work around, which I would really like to get rid of though.

I think the problem is a little bit more complex and I don't know if I am making the right assumptions considering my solution, but I hope somebody tried the same with a different solution approach.

So here we go: 

Basically, I am trying to switch in and out of my game, over states with Angular. I set up a simple controller, which is been given my <div> container in a template, which I add my game into when I switch to that route. The way I load my game into the container when I hit the state/route is that I wrote my own lazy loading function that loads my game setup:

(function() {
    var game = new Phaser.Game(screen.width, screen.height, Phaser.CANVAS, 'gameCanvas');

// add our game states
    game.state.add('boot', MMM.Boot);
    game.state.add('preload', MMM.Preload);
    game.state.add('main-game', MMM.MainGame);

// start with the booting state
    game.state.start('boot');
})(); 

When I exit my game and return to my menu controller, I remove my script again from the <head> and destroy the phaser game and I try to clear the cache with this.game.cache.destroy()

If I want to enter my game again I just load the above script again with my lazy load function. 
It enters my game just fine, but i get the following error:

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'cache' of null

I tried reloading all of my game related scripts including my preload script, but the error stays the same.
The assumption that I made was that the game is not actually completely destroyed and thus has some remains which cause errors.

My work around is to do a $window.location.reload(false); and load everything again from cache. Works without any errors and loads quickly, too, but I really don't like how I am going about this.

Any recommendations? 
Thanks in advance!