PhysicsEditor loader for P2 physics engine.

Stephan

Hi guys,

I just wrote a small plugin that enables loading a JSON file generated with PhysicsEditor directly in Panda.js+P2 physics engine. The main goal of this project is to facilitate the process and to provide an efficient the workflow to make great games in Panda.js:

physics-shapes-in-17-seconds.png

You can find the download on Github here: https://github.com/stephan0v/PhysicsEditor-plugin

Have a look at the live demo in Panda fiddler here: http://vermeire.home.xs4all.nl/panda/

Requirements:

Instructions:

• Firstly you have to import the custom exporter into PhysicsEditor. This enables the program to export the physics settings of your choice in a workable JSON notation. Copy the exporter folder in this repository to your local harddrive and link the program to it (see: https://www.codeandweb.com/physicseditor/documentation, at the bottom of the page).
  • Import your personal images in PhysicsEditor and create all the settings you need in second. (Have a look at some of the great tutorials here: https://www.codeandweb.com/physicseditor/tutorials).
  • Export the settings you just generated with the custom exporter Panda-p2 (JSON).
  • Import the JSON in Panda like so:
game.module(	'game.main').require(	'plugins.p2',	'plugins.pe_loader').body(function() {		game.addAsset('banana.png'); 	game.addAsset('physics.json'); 	/* this file is a JSON that looks like this: 	{ 		"banana": {			"mass": 2, 			"gravityScale": 1, 			"damping": 0, 			"angularDamping": 0, 	    	"shapes": [				{					"type": "POLYGON", 					"collisionGroup": 1, 					"collisionMask": 65535,					"polygon": [   [98, -0.5]  ,  [106, 0.5]  ,  ......  ]				}			]		}		,		... 	}	*/ 	game.createScene('Main', {		backgroundColor: 0xe1d4a7,				init: function() {		    physics = game.getJSON('physics.json');				            //Create world	            this.world = new game.World({gravity: [0, 5]});	            this.world.ratio = 100;	                            //now add some fruit		    var fruit = new game.P2Sprite('banana.png', physics.banana, game.system.width/2, game.system.height/2); 			    fruit .addTo(this.stage);				 	}); });
Enjoy!

• 4 months later...

Hey, 

i'm new to panda.js but wanted to try your Plugin. 

I used it for the beginning like so: 

game.module(
	'game.main'
).require(
	'engine.core',
	'plugins.p2',
	'plugins.pe_loader'
).body(function() {

game.addAsset('sword.png');
	game.addAsset('sword.json');	

game.createScene('Main', {
		backgroundColor: 0xe1d4a7,

});

});

But even on this state there is an error in my Browser Console " Uncaught TypeError: game[extend].extend is not a function "!

If i remove the "pe_loader" plugin, there is no error. 

My dev.html looks like this: 

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<head>
    <meta charset="utf-8">
    <title>Panda.js HTML5 game engine</title>

<script type="text/javascript" src="src/game/config.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="src/engine/core.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="src/game/main.js"></script>
</head>
<body>
</body>
</html>

The plugins are in the right folders. 

Can you help me with this? 

Greetings

Kai

I just had a quick look and it is a problem that arises after a change of the engine. The Sprite object used to be a panda class with an extend function but not I see that it has been replaced by a PIXI sprite class. If I am correct, the Panda wrapper has been removed and that causes this issue. I could probably fix this but it will take me some time...