help with scale manager

kiwi

Hi all,

I'm asking for you help because I worked on this thing for weeks but I can't make it working properly. I read all the Scaling manager threads in this forum and various other site but I can't really figure out what's wrong with this.

http://www.alessandropiana.com/test/

As you can see with the link above I'm setting up a game size of 1920x1080 and all my resources are this res. So far I worked with the EXACT_FIT rule and even if it stretches the games, I'm fine with it. But today I tried the game on the iPad and obviously, due to the incredible resolution, the canvas doesn't fit the entire screen. I then decided to fix this "original sin" and tried the RESIZE method which is suggested as to be the perfect choice for a responsive game. Unfortunately as you can see from the link it doesn't resize the image. I was thinking that it would fit the canvas and trim some of the extra canvas but it doesn't.

I tried all the possibilities, I also tried to use 100% as my game size but with no luck.

How can I have the game fitting the entire screen, in any resolution but keeping the original aspect ratio?

thanks again for your help

Hi kiwi!

You can do this when creating your Phaser game:

//gets game ratio based on the screen size    gameRatio = window.innerWidth / window.innerHeight;    //create the game where 160 is the original height    GAME = new Phaser.Game(Math.ceil(160 * gameRatio), 160, Phaser.CANVAS);    //redo the calculations    window.onresize = function() {        gameRatio = window.innerWidth / window.innerHeight;        //all based on the default game height        GAME.scale.setGameSize(Math.ceil(160 * gameRatio), 160);    };

And you also need to set the scale as:

GAME.scale.scaleMode = Phaser.ScaleManager.SHOW_ALL;

That works for me!

Hey Kiwi, there have been a couple different threads on this issue with getting it to fit different devices. Try this and let me know if it helps.

//scaling options

this.scale.scaleMode = Phaser.ScaleManager.SHOW_ALL;

//have the game centered horizontally

this.scale.pageAlignHorizontally = true;

this.scale.pageAlignVertically = true;

//screen size will be set automatically

this.scale.setScreenSize(true);

Hey Kiwi, there have been a couple different threads on this issue with getting it to fit different devices. Try this and let me know if it helps.

//scaling options

this.scale.scaleMode = Phaser.ScaleManager.SHOW_ALL;

//have the game centered horizontally

this.scale.pageAlignHorizontally = true;

this.scale.pageAlignVertically = true;

//screen size will be set automatically

this.scale.setScreenSize(true);

thx but this also doesn't work. I got an error in console saying: this.scale.setScreenSize is not a function

you are right, I missed that but now I have the black bars on the side instead I'd like to fill the screen and have some world cut out.

try to use a color on the background, see if it fills all. Maybe you must use a tileSprite to fill all of your background.