Pixi + Custom Cursor + Disappearing Cursors

kaan

Hi

I'm wondering whether there is an intended way of replacing the cursor with an image using Pixi

Some ideas I have:

1) Would be using CSS to replace the cursor, I also see discussions related to a .defaultCursor property from 2013 that changes the cursor for specific sprites, even without any Pixi features that I don't know of, cursor could be changed with CSS on hover in/out etc.

2) Would be hiding the cursor and drawing it manually

One issue I'm facing on OSX, without any cursor modifications is a disappearing cursor, when I move around with WASD, the cursor disappears, what's bad is that this is not specific to Pixi or Gaming or the Browser, it happens everywhere, probably a system thing, so (2) seems like a good option - yet - if frames drop below 60 fps, it might give cancer to the player (Just came across this: http://stackoverflow.com/a/3899005/914546 - so (1) + (2) might be possible too)

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/8/2016 at 8:59 PM, ivan.popelyshev said:

//this is by default - take it from parent
//you can change that.
renderer.plugins.interaction.defaultCursorStyle = 'inherit';

I dont know about pixi v3, but in v4 we definitely have it :)

Thanks for the suggestion

One of your previous suggestions was to read the pixi code, indeed it's very readable

sprite.interactive=true;
sprite.buttonMode=true;
sprite.defaultCursor="help";

Started using this right now, works great

As for the disappearing cursors, I guess the best solution is to ignore the issue, I also switched the game to mouse movements instead of WASD (on OSX browsers, it probably should be all mouse or all keyboard, because the combination is extremely annoying, controller-wise speaking)