How to remove an impostor from a mesh?

Hagop

Hi all

I am using Cannon engine and applying physics to a mesh using either of the commands.

1. currentMesh.setPhysicsState(BABYLON.PhysicsEngine.BoxImpostor, { mass: 8  });
  2. currentMesh.physicsImpostor = new BABYLON.PhysicsImpostor(currentMesh, BABYLON.PhysicsImpostor.BoxImpostor, { mass: 8, restitution: 0.9 }, scene);

The mesh drops and restitues successfulyy on another mesh which has Plane impostor and mass = 0.

After dropping I want to remove the impostor of the dropped mesh so that the mesh behaves like a "normal" mesh. The reason for doing that is that I want to parent the mesh to the free camera of the scene, because I want the mesh to rotate smoothly with the camera. I could not parent the physics mesh to the free camera.

Then there is another question. The currentMesh.position returns the coordinates of the it's position before being dropped even if I evaluate it after being dropped.

Hi Hagop!  Sorry for the slow replies.  Have you done any experiments with currentMesh.physicsImpostor = BABYLON.PhysicsEngine.NoImpostor()  ?

How about... delete currentMesh.physicsImpostor  ?  I think that will work.

Here's a PG with various experiments... tested at 5 seconds and 10 seconds after drop.

http://playground.babylonjs.com/#1VNAYW#77

I really wanted to see sphere.position === camera.position after the parenting, but I couldn't get that to happen. 

Sphere parenting to camera IS working, though, as best I can tell.

Holler back as wanted/needed, or to teach us things you discover.  Thanks!

34 minutes ago, dbawel said:

Either way, I believe you have your answers.

thx db.  Too bad he had to wait 3 days.  That's just embarrassing.  I stop working the dailies for a week, and a 3-day-old 0-reply drops through the grates.  How many forum helpers here?  40?  Sad.

@Hagop -

When I use .position it returns the correct x,y,z position. I wrote these values to the console in the PG script below. And I am as embarrassed as @Wingnut is that you didn't recieve an answer to such a simple question sooner. I was also off the grid for a time. I hope you either figured it out yourself, or will come back for the answers.

http://playground.babylonjs.com/#1VNAYW#82

DB