[Solved] Is there a way to check which animation is playing on an object?

jpdev

Hi guys,

I am looking for a way to find out which animation is "really" running on an object.

I start my animations this way: 

this.mesh.skeleton.beginAnimation(name, true, 1.0);

"name" is a string that is the animation name in blender.

It get's translated to a range (begin frame and end frame) and that is played.

I track which animation I set last to know what the animation of the object should currently be - but sometimes this doesn't match what is actually displayed. I am not sure what goes wrong - but I would like to be able to fix it.
(For example, sometimes the death animation doesn't play on players - they just look frozen until respawn, and I would like to be able to correct this.)

I am currently unable to check if what animation I think is playing is really currently playing.

What I am looking for is a way to do this: this.mesh.skeleton.getAnimationName() or this.mesh.skeleton.getAnimationNames() - but not by tracking what animation name was last set (that's what I am doing now) but by really checking if the correct range is playing.

I will gladly implement those myself, but I have looked the data in the skeleton, and I can't tell where I can find the currently playing animation range or the current frame.

Any pointers into the right direction are appreciated.

Hi,

Thank you for the answer.

I have found another thing that (not accessing "_" privates) seems to give me the required information:

The beginAnimation returns an animateable object that contains the from and to frames and a flag if the animation is playing (animationStarted is the name of the flag).

Right now that is how I try to solve my issue, if it does not work out I will look into the current frame!

Edit: While I seem to have solved my problem by checking the animateable that is returned, your currentFrame is the perfect answer to the initial question. Thanks again @BitOfGold. Solved.