Blender export not working

ema9

Hi everybody

i am exporting a model with blender but see this error:

========= An error was encountered =========
  File "/home/emanuel/.config/blender/2.76/scripts/addons/io_export_babylon.py", line 310, in execute
    self.skeletons.append(Skeleton(object, scene, skeletonId))
  File "/home/emanuel/.config/blender/2.76/scripts/addons/io_export_babylon.py", line 1415, in __init__
    bone.append_animation_pose(animationRange.frames_out[idx], firstOrLast)
  File "/home/emanuel/.config/blender/2.76/scripts/addons/io_export_babylon.py", line 1345, in append_animation_pose
    currentBoneMatrix = self.get_bone_matrix(True)
  File "/home/emanuel/.config/blender/2.76/scripts/addons/io_export_babylon.py", line 1356, in get_bone_matrix
    return Bone.get_matrix(self.posedBone, self.matrix_world, doParentMult)
  File "/home/emanuel/.config/blender/2.76/scripts/addons/io_export_babylon.py", line 1363, in get_matrix
    return (SystemMatrix * matrix_world * bone.parent.matrix).inverted() * (SystemMatrix * matrix_world * bone.matrix)
ERROR:  Matrix.invert(ed): matrix does not have an inverse

anyone know what hapenned?

thanks

Hi again @ema9 :)

You can download the latest version (5.2) as a zip file here.

You dont have to unzip it, just go to the User Preferences panel  -> Addons -> Install from File then point Blender to the zip file you just saved. Blender will take care of it.

Then click the Save User Settings button and activate your new addon.

I usually remove old versions of the plugin first.

Now try saving your Blend again. My guess is you might get a message that looks like this :

Mesh: Character has unapplied transformations.  This will never work for a mesh with an armature.  Export cancelled

if you do - we are on the trail of your problem :)

cheers, gryff :)

Sorry for the slow response @ema9 - I've been confined to bed fighting a major health issue :(

Anyway, I took a look at your file - and the mesh is good -  but there are all kinds of issues. I will try to list them :

1. The .blend file contains a rig and 14 meshes attached to that rig. In addition there are at least 4 other meshes - "tools - shovel, scythe etc." not attached directly to that rig.

2. There is one animation (400 + frames) that drives the rig:  "Action".  However, these 18 meshes seem to have their own animations independent of the rig - named  "CDA:ObIpo.xxx" - each also 400 frames.

3. Fourteen of these mesh  "animations" ( the meshes attached to the rig) make use of Blender's NLA Editor - which the exporter does know about and are likely to cause issues.

4. One of the meshes parented to the rig is "Bandolera" and it acts as a parent to 6 of the other meshes parented to the rig. I don't think that the exporter is going to handle that.

5. The rig and all the meshes also have transformation differences - which would need fixing before a successful export. 

I'm sure it is possible to clean this all up - but it will take work, and you would probably have to re-create  the Action file for the rig.

It is also a very old .blend file (Blender 2.49) so you maybe better off finding another rigged mesh to use.

Sorry for the bad news

cheers, gryff :)