Issue while using moveWithCollisions to avoid collision

masterdon

Hi Team,

I have got a demo for 2D planner here  DEMO 1 : http://www.babylonjs-playground.com/#SUXKHY#28

The yellow box meshes are draggable horizontally and vertically(go give it a try....).

Now, I wanted to prevent dragging over the places where yellow box already exist(prevent collision of yellow box).

In order to do that, I have made some changes in demo 1 to implement moveWithCollisions : 

Demo 2(using moveWithCollisions) - http://www.babylonjs-playground.com/#SUXKHY#32

Changes done:

1) Used checkCollisions and set ellipsoid(equal to width,height,depth of box) for yellow boxes:

At Line : 39 - 40

box.checkCollisions = true;
            box.ellipsoid = new BABYLON.Vector3(sWidth, sHeight, sDepth);

2) set gravity to scene and gravity with ellipsoid to camera(not sure if this is needed as i want prevent collision among yellow boxes):

At Line : 72-75

scene.gravity = new BABYLON.Vector3(0, -9.81, 0);
            camera1.applyGravity = true; 
            camera1.ellipsoid = new BABYLON.Vector3(1, 1, 1);

3) enable collision for scene and camera

At Line : 76-77

scene.collisionsEnabled = true;
            camera1.checkCollisions = true;

4) For horizontal dragging, moveWithCollisions for translating x instead of setting position.x (commented that code, line 194) :

At Line : 195

currentMesh.moveWithCollisions(new BABYLON.Vector3(currentMesh.minxpos + Math.round((currentCursorXPosition - currentMesh.minxpos) / horizontalSlotWidth) * horizontalSlotWidth, currentMesh.position.Y, currentMesh.position.Z));

4) For vertical dragging, Use moveWithCollisions for translating z instead of setting position.z (commented that code, line 201) :

At Line : 202

currentMesh.moveWithCollisions(new BABYLON.Vector3(currentMesh.position.Z, currentMesh.position.Y, currentMesh.minzpos + Math.round((currentCursorZPosition - currentMesh.minzpos) / verticalSlotHeight) * verticalSlotHeight));

However, the dragging is completely gone now. what am i missing here

@masterdon

Hi, why don't you create an index of the walls and check against that when dragging ? no need for collisions at all if you ask me.

if draggedObjest.position is within another yellow box's position +/- width/height,

don't allow dropping it,

otherwise allow dropping it.