confusion about similar classes (input vs inputHandler, etc)

Nebulocity

A second question, is that the "useHandCursor" member is part of the Phaser.InputHandler class, yet we refer to it by using Input, which is a different class for all generic input operating within the game.  Using <sprite>.InputHandler.useHandCursor = true fails, yet using <sprite>.input.useHandCursor = true works.  Just a little confused on this, because I also see the same thing happening with classes such as Phaser.MSPointer and Phaser.Pointer, etc.

Phaser.InputHandler: The Input Handler is bound to a specific Sprite and is responsible for managing all Input events on that Sprite.

Phaser.Input: Phaser.Input is the Input Manager for all types of Input across Phaser, including mouse, keyboard, touch and MSPointer. The Input manager is updated automatically by the core game loop.

Technically Input could be renamed InputManager, but it's the same end result.

Right, but why does (InputManager) Input.useHandCursor work, and InputHandler.useHandCursor does not, when use useHandCursor is a member of InputHandler and not (InputManager) Input?  See what I mean?  It just confused me a bit, because I expected to be able to call a member from the InputHandler class, only to have it fail, and then in an example I saw that (whoever made that example) was calling the (InputManager) Input instead.  Just seems a bit backwards to call a member from what I assume is a parent class, rather than the child class it belongs to (if I'm even thinking about it correctly that way?).