Nadion add-on updated for Phaser 1.1.4

jcs

I've updated my Nadion add-on/library for Phaser to work with Phaser version 1.1.4

The github repository is here.

Nadion was originally pulled out of an in-progress platformer/scroller game as reusable and extensible elements became obvious. As more work went into these elements I thought that others might benefit from them as well.

Primarily Nadion is a framework for creating game levels in the Tiled map editor. To this end, Nadion provides Trigger, Area, Alarm and Emitter entities which can be added and tweaked in Tiled, setting up game logic without needing to write code to do it. (A couple of these are demonstrated in the included sample). It supports multiple layers, which can scroll at different rates (“parallax” scrolling), as well as Tiled image layers and object layers (which map to Groups in Phaser and which contain all your sprites and objects).

Nadion also provides some simple game objects such as a state machine, for handling sprite logic, and on-screen controls for touch-screen devices. It also provides some helper functions that I have found useful; things such as finding a named item in a group or array (see the docs on the Nadion namespace for a complete list).

Nadion is released under the same MIT license as Phaser. You are free to use Nadion in minified releases without any license text requirements - I do not consider minified javascript to be "source code".

cheers

Great plugin

I'll link you repo in my french article about Phaser (needing review since 1.1.4 and SAT !)

Don't you have a web site featuring some demo or examples of what Nadion can produce ?

I know it's a king of marketing point of view for an open-source project but it helps to understand at a glance what such a framework has to offer.

at the moment all I have is the sample; it's quite minimal. it can be accessed at http://jcd-as.github.io/nadion_sample

I was focused on the game from which Nadion derived (which itself could serve as a showcase), but sadly at the moment other things have taken my time - getting Nadion updated for 1.1.4 was about all I could manage right now. :( the intent anyway is that any features that the game requires (and make sense to be shared) will be implemented in Nadion so that others can benefit.

(oh, and the sample sadly serves as a repro case for a collision bug in Phaser 1.1.4 too - the sprites don't collide on their sides, only top and bottom. but hopefully Rich will have this fixed soon! :) )