Differences from Chrome to other Browers

Cytexx

Hey Folks, 

I'm pretty new to Babylon JS so don't be too rude. 

In a project I'm currently working on, I stumbled over the problem, that my Code doesn't seem to run correctly in any other Browser than Chrome. 

The initial positioning is fine. But then I reposition vertices with: 

var positionsRightedge = rightSink.getVerticesData(BABYLON.VertexBuffer.PositionKind);
                      for(var q = 0; q < innerFace.length; q++){
                        positionsRightedge[innerFace[q]] = 0.5;
                      }
                      rightSink.setVerticesData(BABYLON.VertexBuffer.PositionKind, positionsRightedge);

And the outcome isn't the desired one. 

Is there maybe a difference in World-Space-Calculation across the browsers or anything like this? 

If more code or examples are needed I will provide them.

Hope someone recognizes the problem and can help :) 

Best regards,

Cytexx

Hey, 
sorry for the late reply couldn't get access to my data because i was not in office. 
I can't reproduce the issue on the playground because I use custom models and it seems to be a general problem in my code or smthing like this. 
I can provide those screenshots: 

And an example from my code: 

var bottom = newScene.getMeshByName('bottom'); 

var rightSink = newScene.getMeshByName('rightSink');
             var leftSink = newScene.getMeshByName('leftSink');
             var originalPositions = bottom.getVerticesData(BABYLON.VertexBuffer.PositionKind);
             var outerFace = [0, 3, 6, 9, 18, 21, 30, 33, 42, 45, 54, 57];
             var innerFace = [12, 15, 24, 27, 36, 39, 48, 51];

for(var i = 0; i < 24; i++){
                        var actualPosBottom = new BABYLON.Vector3(originalPositions[i*3]*value, originalPositions[i*3+1]*value, originalPositions[i*3+2]*value);
                        if( (i+3) % 3 == 0){
                          var positionsRightedge = rightSink.getVerticesData(BABYLON.VertexBuffer.PositionKind);
                          for(var q = 0; q < outerFace.length; q++){
                            positionsRightedge[outerFace[q]] = -actualPosBottom.x;
                          }
                          rightSink.setVerticesData(BABYLON.VertexBuffer.PositionKind, positionsRightedge);
                          var positionsLeftedge = leftSink.getVerticesData(BABYLON.VertexBuffer.PositionKind);
                          for(var q = 0; q < outerFace.length; q++){
                            positionsLeftedge[outerFace[q]] = actualPosBottom.x;
                          }
                          leftSink.setVerticesData(BABYLON.VertexBuffer.PositionKind, positionsLeftedge);
                        }
                      }

problem.jpg

Maybe, because you did not say the vertices were update-able, in the original setVertices().  Are you using a .babylon, if so that is the case.  Then maybe chrome just kind of ignores this, but others are not so leniant?

It is just a theory.  If it is found to be the case, I know there is a topic about converting vertices from a .babylon to updateable.  Try searching.

Ok, it was just my stupidity because the Mesh had not the right scaling and no deleted history within Maya. 
But after that I uploaded my whole thing on our server and it blew up again.
Somehow the overall world-matrix seems to be different. 
On my local network it runs correctly as described above, but after the upload on the server it looks like this: 
http://www.virtualkoeln.de/projects/max/babylonjs/index2.html