GPU (shaders) for vertex animation

ozRocker

I've been using the CPU for vertex animation which you can see in my demo here: http://punkoffice.com/fabric

I'm updating all vertex positions and normals every frame then using this to update:

mesh.updateVerticesData(BABYLON.VertexBuffer.PositionKind, newPositions);            
mesh.updateVerticesData(BABYLON.VertexBuffer.NormalKind, newNormals);      

So basically if there's 10 frames of animation I have 10 different versions of the mesh's vertex positions and normals and I cycle through them.  Yes, it can take up a lot of memory if the mesh is large or there are many frames.

I'm wondering if its possible to do all this via the GPU.  I guess that would require some kind of shader coding.  I'm not sure how this would work, but if its possible I'll try and figure it out.

18 hours ago, NasimiAsl said:

hi oz  if you have time (2 week )for this project we can make it and need your cloth vertex data  and obj too 

yeh cool.  I'm cleaning up my CPU code now so you can easily see what my processes are.  Once that's done I'll get back to you