BabylonJS Renders GLTF Incorrectly, Some Faces Are Wrong Way

apptaro

I have some GLTF files which BabylonJS renders incorrectly; some faces are in wrong direction.

Cesium renders correctly, Three.js renders incorrectly as the same as BabylonJS.

image.thumb.png.8380f9ab4884ffe0e6a67062b928eccf.png

GLTF files are converted from DAE with COLLADA2GLTF 2.1.2 for Win64. I have attached the zip containing .dae and .gltf.

I wonder if it's a bug of BabylonJS, or a bug of COLLADA2GLTF.

data.zip

Looks like the left arm asset has a negative scale on it which according to spec is supposed to flip the triangles. Looks like Cesium doesn't handle this properly. You can test this using asset 01 from the negative scale tests from the asset generator project. I'll send a note to Cesium to let them know about this.

I think the source DAE model is wrong. If I import the left-arm.dae into Unity, the same thing happens where all the triangles are flipped.

9 hours ago, bghgary said:

Looks like the left arm asset has a negative scale on it which according to spec is supposed to flip the triangles. Looks like Cesium doesn't handle this properly. You can test this using asset 01 from the negative scale tests from the asset generator project. I'll send a note to Cesium to let them know about this.

I think the source DAE model is wrong. If I import the left-arm.dae into Unity, the same thing happens where all the triangles are flipped.

@bghgary You are right. I imported the left arm .dae to Blender and I found that the triangles are flipped. The .dae file, Cesium and my dae viewer based on papervision3d were the wrong ones.