Sign in to follow this  
krazyjakee

Tilemap Working example

I've been browsing and googling for a number of hours but I simply cannot get a tilemap to appear on my screen in 1.1.6.

I see different peoples examples using variations and I have tried them all but to no avail.

Here is my code:

var create, cursors, game, layer, map, player, preload, tileset, update;game = map = tileset = layer = player = cursors = false;preload = function() {  game.load.tilemap('map', 'resources/map/island2.json', null, Phaser.Tilemap.TILED_JSON);  game.load.image('tiles', 'resources/img/free_tileset_version_10.png', 32, 32);  return game.load.spritesheet('character', 'resources/img/6Actor_5.png', 32, 32);};create = function() {  game.stage.backgroundColor = '#000000';  map = game.add.tilemap('map');  map.addTilesetImage('tiles');  layer = map.createLayer('layer1');  player = game.add.sprite(2 * 32, 6 * 32, 'character');  game.camera.follow(player);  return cursors = game.input.keyboard.createCursorKeys();};update = function() {};game = new Phaser.Game(240, 128, Phaser.AUTO, 'phaser-game', {  preload: preload,  create: create,  update: update});

It simply shows a black screen with "Tilemap.createLayer: Invalid layer ID given: null" in the console.

Hi,

I'm not sure what the problem is with your code without seeing it posted up on a web server.  Make sure you have a div called phaser-game?

at http://examples.phaser.io you can see a bunch of tilemap examples.  I took one and put it up on my own server and made sure it works with phaser 1.1.6 and it works fine - here's the example, hope it helps

http://www.flashysubstance.com/tileExample/

Make sure that you have the same name as your layer in tiled. So if you are using layer1 in your code, then your layer name in tiled is also layer1. You could also open your json file and change the name in there. 

Try doing this:

replace (in init.js,create)

map.addTilesetImage('tiles');

with

map.addTilesetImage('free_tileset_version_10','tiles');

adding the name of the tileset as set in the json file

That once solved my problem with something like this. (this was actually today)

Here is your actual code. You are resizing the layer but you never made a layer to resize. Had you debugged you would have caught the error.

create = function() {  game.stage.backgroundColor = '#000000';  map = game.add.tilemap('map');  map.addTilesetImage('tiles');  map.setCollisionBetween(1, 12);  layer.resizeWorld();  player = game.add.sprite(2 * 32, 6 * 32, 'character');  game.camera.follow(player);  return cursors = game.input.keyboard.createCursorKeys();};

You should have this in there too (as you do in your code posted on here)

layer = map.createLayer('layer1');

Here is my test bed with working tilemap

http://www.kobaltic.com/webGames/COR/public_html/index.html