Tweens on Tiles (or on Physics.bodies) fail !?

valueerror

i honestly do not know if tweens on tiles fail.. or if I just fail in doing it right ^^

this is just one of a few different approaches i tried on tiles ...  (the tile is accessed - no problem there.. i can set alpha or something else without issues)

movingtile=map.getTile(4, 23,layerbackground); game.add.tween(movingtile).to({y:225 }, 1250, null,true,0,true,true).start();

i also find it very interesting that this one (on a p2 physics body) works (partially)

game.add.tween(player).to({y : game.world.centerY, x: game.world.centerX,angle : 360}, 1500, Phaser.Easing.Linear.None).start();

it should move to the exact world center and rotate while moving (at least it did in phaser 1.1.x)    now it just rotates 

You can't tween tiles or bodies like this and expect normal results, as you're not exposing them to any kind of force in a physics sense, you're just repositioning them in the world. If you want physics based resolutions, you need to use physics based forces (velocity, acceleration) that are created from within the physics simulation. Tiles are fixed in the world at precise locations and can't be moved. Floating platforms / etc should be done with sprites, not tiles.

puh... oke..  no tweens with tiles..  noted!

floating platform to jump on and float up like on an elevator seems really hard to implement..  i'm trying for a while now with a lot of different approaches... every single one failed..

i would be very happy if you could provide an example for this once phaser 2.0 is released...  

i'm going to ask the community for help too (in a separate post) and try even harder to make it work on my own :)

thx

at least one part of this is solved..  since it is a physics body i have to work with it's properties..    for example velocity..

game.add.tween(movingplatformvertical.body.velocity).to( { x: 0, y: 100 }, 1500, Phaser.Easing.Elastic.Out ).to( { x: 0, y: -100 }, 1500, Phaser.Easing.Elastic.Out).yoyo().loop().start();