P2 collision mesh misaligned

vilcans

I got a problem that the P2 collision mesh is not properly aligned with the bitmap.

Here's the sprite's bitmap:

post-8283-0-63541500-1398181477.png

I measured the pixel coordinates on the bitmap and got this mesh:

{
    "ship": [
        {
            "density": 2, "friction": 0, "bounce": 0,
            "shape": [
                16, 31,
                0, 29,
                16, 0,
                31, 29
            ]
        }
    ]
}

And the CoffeeScript code:

@ship = game.add.sprite(200, 200, 'ship')
        game.physics.p2.enable(@ship, true)
        @ship.body.clearShapes()
        @ship.body.loadPolygon('physicsData', 'ship')

But as you can see in the image, the physics debug polygon (purple) is not properly aligned with the bitmap.

post-8283-0-56106200-1398181394.png

My theory is that the bitmap is automatically centered on the physics polygon, because no matter how I tweak the values in the physics mesh, it won't align with the bitmap. For example, if I add 50 to all x coordinates in the polygon, the sprite will appear 50 pixels to the right, but the polygon will still be drawn on top of the sprite, not beside it. Is there a way to disable this?

I can confirm this. Something is going wrong with the center of mass.

By using an alternative polygon data format it's working.

Try this:

//data format from custom physics editor exporter 'phaser'.//See phaser/resources/PhysicsEditor Exporter    "ship":[      {        "isSensor": false,        "filter": {          "group": 0,          "categoryBits": 1,          "maskBits": 65535        },        "polygons":[           [16, 31,0, 29,16, 0,31, 29]        ]      }    ],//ship.body.loadPolygon('physicsData', 'ship');//use this method for the alternative data format. The format is a little bit more sophisticated.ship.body.addPhaserPolygon('physicsData', 'ship');

Result:

The right one is created using the alternative method. It has the same y position as the ship on the left, so it's clearly something with the mass. Both ships are centered (as every p2 body). I will have a look at the default parser.

post-5762-0-58394400-1398188433.png