How to export from tiled and integrate into Phaser?

D3thy

learning.zip

so it was like i "tried" to tell you but i wasn't very clear about it.. sorry

your image "Shades_of_blue.jpg" (which btw is a little bit big and you would be better of with a small tilesprite here) anyway.. this image was no multiple of 32 in its height.

therefore i needed to kick it out of tiled editor..  resize it and reimport it..   

another error was in this line:

mymap.setCollisionBetween(1,200,true,'layer2');

you need to enable the collision for the tiles 1-200 for one of your layers .. for example "Tile Layer 1"  - layer2 is not existing :)

since you also added shadesofblue as tilesprite background there is no need for the additional blue background layer in the tilemap .. it's much better to use a tilesprite for this because every tilemap layer that needs to be rendered has a huge impact on performance..

so here is the working version of your learning example :)

glhf !

hey guys, sorry to jump into the conversation, i've been having some problems with tiled as well, maybe somebody can help.
i made a map with many layers, but realized it wasn't going to work so i made a map for the background, a second image for transparency (like, my main character walks behind the roof of a house cause its a  top down game)
and then i made another map thats only an object layer with blocks on what the user cannot go across, so blocks covering the houses on that layer
what i did was:

// Preloader.js
this.load.image('map', 'assets/rq4-bottom.png');
this.load.image('map2', 'assets/rq4-top.png');
this.load.tilemap('rq4map', 'assets/rq4.json', null, Phaser.Tilemap.TILED_JSON);
this.load.spritesheet('hero', 'assets/walk.png', 63, 62);

// Game.js

// defined all these variables on top such as this.mainmap; etc.

create: function()

this.world.setBounds(0,0,3200,2400);
this.physics.startSystem(Phaser.Physics.ARCADE);
mainmap = this.add.sprite(0, 0, 'map');
mainmap2 = this.add.sprite(0, 0, 'map2');
mainmapjson = this.add.tilemap('rq4map');
blockedLayer = mainmapjson.createLayer('layer01');

// this following line gives a different error
mainmapjson.setCollisionByExclusion([0], false, "layer01");

this is the error that i get:

Tilemap.createLayer: Invalid layer ID given: null
even though im passing layer01 which is the name of my object layer on my json file

then setCollision doesn't work and gives this error: Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'height' of undefined
which i figure is from the fact that createLayer is not working at all

is the problem because i don't have a tileset associated with my json file?
im not sure why create layer isn't working, thats the actual name

i can't attach a json file apparently to the site so i can't share that, but here's the beginning:

{ "height":75,
 "layers":[
        {
         "draworder":"topdown",
         "height":0,
         "name":"layer01",
         "objects":[

thank you guys and hope somebody can help!

-fer

• 1 year later...
On 22/5/2014 at 9:48 AM, valueerror said:

well .. i made this fully functional tilemap example and uploaded it to my server..  you can try it here: http://test.xapient.net/phaser/tilemapexample/

i also attached the whole example as zip file so you can download it and have a look at all the files! i tried to comment as much as possible :)

glhf  :)

FYI : i tend to use p2 physics because this way i can also use non-square objects and create real hills and slanted tiles to walk upon.. (or materials like ice without friction) also i get the impression that p2 is more reliable - with arcade my player sometimes falls through the tiles  for no reason  :huh:

tilemapexample.zip

Could anyone tell me why the p2 physics example don't collide with world bounds ?

I have tried to add game.world.setBounds(0, 0, 1600, 1200) before game.physics.startSystem(Phaser.Physics.P2JS) but moving the player to the left keeps moving him out of the screen. :-(

Updated : i had to add instead game.physics.p2.setBoundsToWorld(true, true, true, true, false);  after "placing" the player sprite just as the example here http://phaser.io/examples/v2/p2-physics/tilemap :)