Error in IE: indexsizeerror

JHook

Today I tested my game in IE and found that I'm getting an INDEXSIZEERROR. I was able to determine that this was happening on a canvas draw call and it seemed to correspond with an atlas spritesheet animation. After some digging I realized that there were a couple blank frames in the animation which the atlas json set to have a width and height of 0 pixels. Apparently IE freaks out if you try to draw something with 0 width or height. I updated the json to say 1px wide and tall and the error is gone. So if anyone else is seeing this error you may want to try that.

Maybe this is a bug that should be submitted for phaser and/or pixi?

JH

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
On 2/9/2017 at 11:06 AM, totallybueno said:

Sorry for asking this guys, but can I edit this on phaser.min.js? Or well, how can I fix this? I have my biggest game finished and it´s not working on IE because of this...

Which version of Phaser are you using? this fix is already in Phaser's version of PIXI, so it shouldn't be an issue.

7 hours ago, totallybueno said:

@UncleAcid still hapenning to me with Phaser CE 2.7.3, that´s the last version, right?

Checking the not minified version, I find the error in this line, but not being able to fix it :(

It is the latest... you must be running into a different cause of the same error.

Couple things;

1. It appears as though it's occurring for you on a tinted sprite, does it happen if you remove the tint?
  2. Could you throw together a bare bones example that shows the issue/upload the image that is causing the issue for you?

Hi there @UncleAcid,

• I have lots of tinted items and I don´t know wich one is causing the error, but I know that the error is in that line so I guess it´s for sure it´s about a tinted object
  • I uploaded a basic example to http://totallybueno.com/juegos/sss/, you´ll see it works fine on Chrome/FF and it chrashes on IE

Still trying to figure out how ti fix it... maybe I should forget about tinting objects and just uses diferent bitmapFonts and sprites textures... but at the same time, I´m so fucking curious about where the bug is...