Any way to scale the entire game up?

oxysoft

I have a basic pixel art game that I would like to be scaled up because it is very small right now

This works, but breaks the camera considerably

game.world.scale.setTo(3, 3);

This works but breaks the TilemapLayer considerably

// (Scaling everything manually)sprite.scale.setTo(3, 3);layer.scale.setTo(3, 3);// ...

So is there a definite way to scale the game up without having to export every single sprites at magnified sizes? At first, I didn't think it would be this hard of a task

I usually do it this way.

game.scale.width = //pixel valuegame.scale.height = //pixel valuegame.scale.refresh();

Is there a way to turn off smoothing with this?

Both of these do not work (or may be browser specific?)

game.antialias = false; //does not work
game.stage.scale.smoothed = false; //does not work

Look here: http://www.photonstorm.com/phaser/pixel-perfect-scaling-a-phaser-game

That's how I did it when I made a game at 160x144 for GBJam3. If you scroll down to the comments, there's a link to a modified version of the basic multi-state game template that has the scaling all set up. The main disadvantage of this method is that you won't be able to use mouse controls without a fair bit of effort, but low-resolution games typically don't have those anyways.

Hm, I'm pretty sure I just saw a website running tests on canvas scaling a few days ago, where they also used the technique described in that post. Maybe that article was outdated then.

Thanks for clearing that up.