how to block a button press from going through the button to a sprite below

valueerror

i have one ingame button that is used to control the game play..  normally you select the sprites (players) by clicking/touching them..  if you click on the button and there is a sprite below you also select the sprite.. i need to block this but i don't know how..

i tried to set a variable "inputBlock" to true on inputOver and to false on inputOut to check against before selecting a sprite but this does not work on mobile..  it blocks everything all the time..

thx!

You need to set input priority for the play button.

Check this : http://examples.phaser.io/_site/view_full.html?d=input&f=input+priority.js&t=input%20priority

For example set the play button to have a higher priority (instead of the default 0 ):

playButton.input.priorityID=1;

oke thx..  this (above) would definitely be the best way to do this IF my sprites (the ones i don't want to be selected when pressing the button) would be inputEnabled..

in my case i rely on hitTest()  to get the objects under the mouse/finger  so this is not working..

i tried

switchfocusbutton.onInputOver.add(function(){inputBlock=true;});

but for some reason this blocks everything on a mobile device - so i tried:

switchfocusbutton.onInputDown.add(function(){inputBlock=true;}); switchfocusbutton.onInputUp.add(function(){inputBlock=false;});   

which works!   i now can check against inputBlock before selecting a sprite and that's it ...    :)