Large Map Preformance

Lomaz

Hello! I just started with Phaser the other day, and I am running into an issue.  I am using a camera, and a world with large bounds... The issue I have is i'd like to have a larger world, but at that size it runs very slowly (also takes ages to load)

The best I can get fluid motion at is around 2400x2400, but I'd like to bring it as high as 9600x9600, Is there a way to optimize this by only rendering tiles close to the viewport? My map is made up of several hundred 48x48 tiles, who's values are pulled from a JSON object.

Let me know if you need links or source or anything! again, I'm new to Phaser, so there may be something simple I'm missing.

Got it working, thanks guys, yeah I didn't even know about the tilemap thing at all, I was just rendering every tile programmatic from a database, so it was horridly slow, swiching to tilemaps has improved things greatly, just need to re-draw things!

• 3 weeks later...

I am using tiled.  I got things working, but not with the plugin listed above, as of now a 900x900 viewport gives me 11FPS, not exactly smooth.  I tried following the code listed in the GIT but to no avail, is there a full project anywhere I can see it at work to compare and see what I'm doing wrong?