Jump on top of sprite

Göran

Hey,

I am adding boxes, from the object layer of my tilemap, as sprites, to the game. I then add them to a group and loop through each of them.

this.boxes.forEach(function(sprite){      if(sprite.body.touching.left) {        console.log("touching left");        sprite.body.velocity.x = 0;        this.player.scale.x = -1;      }      if(sprite.body.touching.right) {        console.log("touching right");        sprite.body.velocity.x = 0;        this.player.scale.x = 1;      }      if(sprite.body.touching.up) {        console.log("touching up");        this.onTopOfBox = true;      }    }, this);

My problem is, that I can't seem to be able to jump, while I am on top of a box. My movement code looks like this:

movePlayer: function() {    this.player.body.gravity.y = 450;    this.player.body.velocity.x = 0;    if (this.cursors.left.isDown)    {        this.player.body.velocity.x = -150;        /*if (this.facing != 'left')        {            this.player.animations.play('left');            this.facing = 'left';        }*/    }    else if (this.cursors.right.isDown)    {        this.player.body.velocity.x = 150;        /*if (this.facing != 'right')        {            this.player.animations.play('right');            this.facing = 'right';        }        */    }    else    {        /*if (this.facing != 'idle')        {            this.player.animations.stop();            if (this.facing == 'left')            {                this.player.frame = 0;            }            else            {                this.player.frame = 5;            }            this.facing = 'idle';        }        */    }    if (this.jumpButton.isDown && this.game.time.now > this.jumpTimer && this.tile !== 45)    {      if(this.player.body.onFloor() || this.onTopOfBox) {        console.log(this.onTopOfBox);        this.playerJump.play();        this.player.body.velocity.y = -250;        this.jumpTimer = this.game.time.now + 750;      }    }        this.onTopOfBox = false // FIXED IT  }

As you can see, I am checking if either the player is on the floor, or on top of the box. For some reason, this.onTopOfBox always returns true, if I assign the value in the previously mentioned loop. Anybody got ideas? Do I need to show more code? Basically what happens is, that I can jump all the time, after I jump from a box.

Any help is greatly appreciated (also critique on my code :P)

Edit: Setting this.onTopOfBox to false after the check made it work.

Edited by Göran