First day of Javascript / HTML5 results.

christian.tucker

Wasn't sure where to post there, so I decided to post here considering the use of the phaser API. 

Sorry, the .gifs are a bit choppy,

b709d7500bca3e1f5494668523c202db.gif

Then my basic combat system(Setup using a tile-system, where tiles contain 'actors' in this case the "players", completely entity based, simple as 

playerA.attack(playerB);

c5a72cd61be054b49cf791b664bd5213.gif

I plan to do some more work on this tomorrow, fix some of my movement and rotations so they're more smooth, and work on floating text for the combat, once I'm done with that I'll probably start converting everything over to multiplayer, I already have a server ready for this, but it's using regular sockets for java, I'll have to learn about websockets and port the networking over, wish me luck.

One thing I don't know how to do is not process the click-to-move request if I'm clicking on a button, etc, becasue the character moving when Im using the interface is quite a problem. 

What do you guys think, is this good, bad, neither? I literally started from zero with JavaScript earlier today. 

I don't understand the problem, explain a little more but simpler please.

There isn't a problem, unless you're speaking about this quote:

One thing I don't know how to do is not process the click-to-move request if I'm clicking on a button, etc, becasue the character moving when Im using the interface is quite a problem.

In which I was referring to not handling the mouse input for the player if I was clicking on a button.