Downloadable content with Phaser.

hbkmad

Hello guys,

I want to make a game and I'm looking for the technology I should use for it.

I'm not only new to Phaser but to JavaScript, HTML and etc. as a whole and I'm sorry if the question sounds stupid but:

In my game there will be a lot of audio so the game could become big only because of the audio. I want to separate it in different parts so when the player starts a new part the needed audio files (and maybe other files) would be downloaded so he can play this part and then after the player finishes the part it will be deleted and the new part will be downloaded and so on. (Also the part with the deletion is not necessary).

Is that possible to be done with Phaser or with other framework? I just need some tips about how to do that so I would know it's possible.

I want to use Phaser + PhoneGap to make the game.

Cheers!

Normally you do loading in the preload function, but you can just create a new loader object and use that. If you are switching states anyways, which it sounds like something you would do, you can just use the preload function.

It is definitely possible. I currently do just that. In my boot function I load the necessary graphics and audio for the loading screen, where I then load in most heavy assets. Then in the individual levels I load in graphics specific to that level.