How do I put the phaser-master directory on my web server? (WAMP)

Toolbox

Hi, I'm a bit confused by this whole WAMP/Getting started with Phaser thing. Following this tutorial: http://blog.lessmilk.com/make-html5-games-with-phaser-1/

To check if you have set things up properly, put the phaser-master directory on your web server, and then open phaser-master/examples/index.html in your browser to look at some examples.

I installed WAMP as suggested in the "Getting Started With Phaser" guide... But I don't really know what I've done besides downloading and installing a program I don't really understand... What I mean to ask is:

How do I put the phaser-master directory on my web server?

Also hi, pretty newbie to all of this but I want to learn some html5 and figured phaser would be a fun way to do it.

• 5 weeks later...

Glad you found a work-around.  Getting used to WAMP is a little odd at first and there are pitfalls you might encounter.  To shed some light on your original question, WAMP is indeed a set of programs that work together to provide a Web Server and more.  WAMP must be started before it will serve up content - this can be set to happen when you boot up, or like me, you can start it manually when you want it to be running.  There should be a wamp directory on your system, and in it should be a directory called "www".  That is your root directory for projects.  If you had a project called "game1", you would copy that directory into www directory.  Then, when WAMP is active, you can run your game by typing into a browser: localhost/game1/index.html (assuming that your starting file is called index.html).

Likewise, if you were to copy the directory containing the phaser files into www, you could run example files by using the appropriate path, similar to the above.

Incidentally, one of the pitfalls I encountered with running WAMP is that the port it uses conflicted with Skype.  The easiest way around that problem is to shut Skype down before running WAMP.