Need to delete a rectangle that I created

owen

Hi

Sorry if this seems ridiculously easy but I'm stuck.  I am successfully drawing a rectangle in the canvas as per the official example:

http://examples.phaser.io/_site/view_full.html?d=geometry&f=rectangle.js&t=rectangle

But I need to delete it too and cannot see a way of doing that.  How can I delete a rectangle that I have created?  Ideally I want to properly destroy it, rather than set visible to false or size to zero.

Thanks

Owen

Still no answer to this but thought I would post an update here.  Just wanted to say that I have worked around the problem by setting width and height to 0, thus making the rectangle 'invisible' however it would be cleaner if there was a proper delete method for shapes.  I am sure there is one but I cannot find it.

Thanks

Owen

• 11 months later...

What you're doing is a way to debug geometry, not to render an object for normal game use. It would be useful during development if you want for example to see how big a sprite with transparent pixels really is.

If you want to draw a rectangle or another simple shape, better see this example. It lets you create a sprite and when you're finished with it, you can just call

sprite.destroy()
and you're done with it.