Saving score to text file

Choeeey

I am trying to save the score a user gets in a phaser game to a text file, so that it can be accessed in a php file.

Is there any ideas on how to do this?

I need the text file to save in the same location as my phaser project and cannot seem to find a way to do this.

If you are using jquery, you can do the following:

var jqxhr = $.ajax( {url: "example.php",data: JSON.stringify({"score":123}) // this will convert the object into a string })  .done(function() {    alert( "success" );  })  .fail(function() {    alert( "error" );  })  .always(function() {    alert( "complete" );  });

And your php file will be able to receive the data.

JSON is just another form of object

var jqxhr = $.ajax( {url: "example.php",data: JSON.stringify({"score":123}) // this will convert the object into a string })  .done(function() {    alert( "success" );  })  .fail(function() {    alert( "error" );  })  .always(function() {    alert( "complete" );  });

Thanks, but what if I am using javascript? I have never used jquery before and unsure how to put this into a javascript file?

Also, how is this then accessed in the php file?

Just download and load jquery.min.js in your index.html

Then create a new function and paste/modify that code to fit your needs.

Edit:

Vanilla JS: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6418220/javascript-send-json-object-with-ajax

That is great thanks, just a bit confused about accessing it in PHP - you have $_POST in there and I was sure that was only used if you have a form? I do not have one? Sorry if I sound silly here, think I have got myself all mixed up.

Then in PHP do something like:

<?php

$jsonReceiveData = json_encode($_POST);

echo $jsonReceiveData;

?> 

' Uncaught ReferenceError: $ is not defined' means that jQuery wasn't loaded on the page. You'll need to add this script tag in the html above your game's script tag(s)

<script src="//code.jquery.com/jquery-1.11.2.min.js"></script>

Thanks that solved that issue,

however in the php file it says the json is empty when I echo:

echo  $jsonReceiveData;

I get '[]'

could you tell me how to access this is php please? :)

I really don't mean to be rude but you are asking about PHP in an HTML5 forum in the Phaser section.

I recommend that you do some research of your own because this is a very popular topic, you can start with:

http://blog.teamtreehouse.com/beginners-guide-to-ajax-development-with-php

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/20392036/send-data-to-mysql-with-ajax-jquery-php

Or just type "PHP and jQuery AJAX" in google.

Good luck!

Choeeey, You'll have an easier time if you send your request with a key.

var jqxhr = $.ajax( {url: "example.php",data: { postKey : JSON.stringify({"score":123}) }  // this will convert the object into a string });

Then, on the php side you would access it like 

<?phpvar_dump(json_decode($_POST["postKey"]));?>

Alternatively, if you only want the score you can just something like this in javascript / jQuery

$.post('example.php', {score: 23});

and then in PHP its just like 

<?php

//Bad practice. You'll need to validate all user submitted data as a security measure but i'm not gonna go into detail on that.

$score = $_POST["score"];

?>

I really don't mean to be rude but you are asking about PHP in an HTML5 forum in the Phaser section.

I recommend that you do some research of your own because this is a very popular topic, you can start with:

http://blog.teamtreehouse.com/beginners-guide-to-ajax-development-with-php

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/20392036/send-data-to-mysql-with-ajax-jquery-php

Or just type "PHP and jQuery AJAX" in google.

Good luck!

My apologies for the misplaced forum post. I didn't mean to put it under the wrong section.

Please also do not think that I done no research of my own before posting. 

I appreciate it everyone's help, however found an alternative way without having to use ajax.