Project to make a Rook clone (online card game)

tsphillips

Happy Friday!

My company was recently contacted by a gentleman wanting to make a clone of the Rook card game, including a client (probably browser-based) and backend.  Information on the game, which is published by Mattel, is here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rook_(card_game)

We normally focus on educational games and we also have projects already in the queue.  So, I am posting here to see if anyone would be interested in taking on a project like this.  (My company would not have a financial stake in the project and would not be involved after the initial introduction.)

We discussed the project with the gentleman, and here are some issues that came up:

• He tried to contact Mattel about making the game, but Mattel did not express interest.
  • An existing clone exists ("Raven," hosted at duelboard.com), but the rules were too different.
  • "Raven" allows chat, which he wanted to restrict.
  • "Raven" has problems with online harassment.
  • "Raven" has problems with cheating via multiple accounts.

I explained that the hard part in a project like this is securing the server to prevent hacking and cheating.

If you are interested in this project and capable of doing a good job, either for a fee or for free (experience and publicity), please let me know and I can put you in touch directly with the gentleman that contacted us.  (Please note that I won't forward inquiries from anyone who does not seem like they have the capability to complete the project.)

Tom