Looking for 2D Vector Artist(s)

iwinbrian

Do you love playing games? Do you love to create art? Well, how would you like to create art for games? Right now, iWin is looking for a full-time, contract, game artist.

About iWin

iWin is an innovative, cross platform developer and publisher of casual games for the mass market. iWin has created award winning games including Jewel Quest, Bubble Town and Jewel Quest Mysteries, as well as, licensed IP like Family Feud, 1vs 100 and Deal or No Deal.

iWin is headquartered in San Francisco, CA with a office in Scotland. Additionally, we have several remote employees in Ukraine, Greece, Russia, and Moldova. Given our distributed work environment, iWin is open to hiring or contracting with remote talent.

Job Description

iWin is seeking an experienced and motivated game artist to assist in the development of art for our casual games. This individual will work closely with the Product Director to develop and execute highly polished, 2D, vector art assets and user interfacesThis requires working collaboratively, with the ability to take direction, in order to deliver world-class art.

This position requires an understanding and knowledge of various drawing styles, rendering techniques, user interface design principals, “art processing” best practices, and strong organizational skills. Strong organizational skills, what? Yes that’s right, strong organizational skills! The files you produce need to be editable, easily navigated and understood by others on the team. Layers need to be named and grouped accordingly.

Responsibilities

Simply put, you will be required to make high-quality game assets and user interface designs for iWin HTML5 games. This can include, but may not be limited to, characters, animations, environments, props and user interface elements.

Essentially, you'll be working on a variety of games in a multitude of styles and capacities. Therefore, you must have the chops to change style and or capacity without sacrificing time and quality.

Requirements

·      Tremendous artistic talent – duh:)

·      Excellent eye for composition, color and contrast

·      Experience creating 2D vector assets using Adobe Photoshop. No Elements here baby!

·      Environment design and illustration

·      Character design and illustration

·      User interface design

·      Ability to work in a creative and fast-paced environment

·      Ability to match existing art styles

·      Strong communication and documentation skills

·      Excellent problem solving skills

·      Game industry experience as a production artist with an emphasis on 2D casual games

Kudos for these additional skills

·      Sprite based animation

·      Visual effects animation

·      Graphic design

·      Art Degree in Illustration or related field

In order to be considered, please provide either a link to an online portfolio, website or a pdf showcasing recent work upon application. Please ensure that samples of vector work are included – this is a must.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello.  I just saw this post. I am wondering if it is still open. I am an experience 2D designer, previously worked as a 2D designer in a mobile application company. I was in a game division in the company for two years. This is my portfolio site, please have a look and contact me if you have any questions about myself: http://cargocollective.com/mayasghr

Thank you.