kill sprite when touching bottom world

evilben74

Hello,

I am currently creating a "dance game" ==> different arrows slide from the top of the window to the bottom, and the player have to press the correct button at the correct time.

So, my problem is when the arrows are touching the bottom of the window, I have to kill them, but i didn't know how to do that. I already try to do it with different methods such as the  collide ùethod in the update function. :

game.physics.arcade.collide(fleche_droite, killeur, creveD);

Of course, my sprites have the

game.physics.enable(fleche_bas, Phaser.Physics.ARCADE);

and the

fleche_haut.body.collideWorldBounds = true;

Can you help me ?

thanks.

You can set your world bounds using game.world.setBounds(). Then for each sprite you want to kill (example with your fleche_haut sprite):

fleche_haut.checkWorldBounds = true;

fleche_haut.outOfBoundsKill = true;

Or you can do something like:

if (fleche_haut.y > game.world.y + game.world.height) fleche_haut.kill();

Or even just (if your world and stage are the same size and you don't move your camera around):

if (fleche_haut.y > game.height) fleche_haut.kill();

I tried both methods but none of them work.

I think it's due to my "emitter" function, because i call it 4 times per second, and this function generate a random number that i used to make an arrow on the screen... This random number is only between 1 & 4, so it is possible that my scripts cannot identify all of my differents sprites and kill them... Here is my code, and at the moment, I don't know how to make this work properly.

function create() 		{		    game.physics.startSystem(Phaser.Physics.ARCADE);		    killeur = game.add.sprite(0, 798, 'killeur');		    game.physics.enable(killeur, Phaser.Physics.ARCADE);		    game.scale.fullScreenScaleMode = Phaser.ScaleManager.EXACT_FIT;            game.scale.enterFullScreen.add(onEnterFullScreen, this);            game.scale.leaveFullScreen.add(onLeaveFullScreen, this);            game.input.onDown.add(gofull, this);			//game.stage.backgroundColor = '#00FF00';			game.time.events.repeat(Phaser.Timer.SECOND *.4, 100, createFleche, this);						}		function createFleche()		{			/*fleche_haut = game.add.sprite(game.world.randomX, 10, 'fleche_haut');			fleche_bas = game.add.sprite(game.world.randomX, 10,'fleche_bas');			fleche_droite = game.add.sprite(game.world.randomX, 10, 'fleche_droite');			fleche_gauche = game.add.sprite(game.world.randomX, 10, 'fleche_gauche');			*/			var x = game.rnd.integerInRange(1, 4);			switch(x)			{				case 1:					fleche_haut = game.add.sprite(game.world.randomX, 10, 'fleche_haut');										game.physics.enable(fleche_haut, Phaser.Physics.ARCADE);					fleche_haut.body.velocity.y = SPEED;					fleche_haut.body.collideWorldBounds = true;					fleche_haut.checkWorldBounds=true;					fleche_haut.outOfBoundsKill = true;					//fleche_haut.body.checkCollision.down = false;					//alert("haut");				break;									case 2:					fleche_bas = game.add.sprite(game.world.randomX, 10,'fleche_bas');										game.physics.enable(fleche_bas, Phaser.Physics.ARCADE);					fleche_bas.body.velocity.y = SPEED;					fleche_bas.body.collideWorldBounds = true;					fleche_bas.checkWorldBounds=true;					fleche_bas.outOfBoundsKill = true;					//fleche_bas.body.checkCollision.down = false;					//alert("bas");				break;				case 3:					fleche_droite = game.add.sprite(game.world.randomX, 10, 'fleche_droite');										game.physics.enable(fleche_droite, Phaser.Physics.ARCADE);					fleche_droite.body.velocity.y = SPEED;					fleche_droite.body.collideWorldBounds = true;						fleche_droite.checkWorldBounds=true;					fleche_droite.outOfBoundsKill = true;					//fleche_droite.body.checkCollision.down = false;					//alert("droite");				break;				case 4:					fleche_gauche = game.add.sprite(game.world.randomX, 10, 'fleche_gauche');										game.physics.enable(fleche_gauche, Phaser.Physics.ARCADE);					fleche_gauche.body.velocity.y = SPEED;					fleche_gauche.body.collideWorldBounds = true;					fleche_gauche.checkWorldBounds=true;					fleche_gauche.outOfBoundsKill = true;					//fleche_gauche.body.checkCollision.down = false;					//alert("gauche");				break;			}		}
function update() {			/*if(fleche_haut.checkCollision.down || fleche_bas.checkCollision.down || fleche_droite.checkCollision.down || fleche_gauche.checkCollision.down)			{				this.kill();			}*/			game.physics.arcade.collide(fleche_haut, killeur, creve);			game.physics.arcade.collide(fleche_bas, killeur, creveBas);			game.physics.arcade.collide(fleche_droite, killeur, creveD);			game.physics.arcade.collide(fleche_gauche, killeur, creveG);		}

Have you some ideas ?

Thanks