Scaling problems

crouzilles

Hi,

I have the following code:

var game = new Phaser.Game(800, 600, Phaser.AUTO, '', { preload: preload, create: create, update: update, render: render });var paddle;var cursors;function preload() {    // Load sprites    game.load.image('paddle', 'assets/sprites/paddle.png');}function create() {    //  We're going to be using physics, so enable the Arcade Physics system    game.physics.startSystem(Phaser.Physics.ARCADE);     //  We check bounds collisions against all walls other than the bottom one    game.physics.arcade.checkCollision.down = false;        paddle = game.add.sprite(game.world.centerX, game.world.height - 12, 'paddle');    paddle.anchor.setTo(0.5, 0.5);    game.physics.arcade.enable(paddle);    paddle.body.collideWorldBounds = true;        //This line causes chaos. The paddle moves left by itself then stays there    //even if I press the right key. Debug data seems ok, unless I am not seeing something    paddle.scale.setTo(2,1);        cursors = game.input.keyboard.createCursorKeys();}function update() {        //  Reset the paddle's velocity (movement)    paddle.body.velocity.x = 0;        if (cursors.left.isDown)    {        //  Move to the left        paddle.body.velocity.x = -250;    }    else if (cursors.right.isDown)    {        //  Move to the right        paddle.body.velocity.x = 250;    }}function render() {    game.debug.bodyInfo(paddle, 32, 32);    game.debug.body(paddle);}

I use the following sprite for the paddle: post-13646-0-51208800-1427011572.png

The line of code which causes the problem is:

paddle.scale.setTo(2,1);

The paddle gets scaled in x, but the paddle moves quickly to the left of the world and gets stuck there.

Debug info seems correct to me, I even get "velocity x" as a positive number when i press the right key, but nothing happens.

Does anyone know what is going on?

Regards

Crouz

After updating my version of phaser from 2.0.1 to 2.2.1 the problem has disappeared.

I guess this problem was linked to that specific version, and probably why so many people viewed the thread and never managed to replicate it.

Regards

Crouz