Porting My Actionscript game to Javascript

smks

Hey all,

I have decided to make the transition from Actonscript 3 to Javascript for game development. I created a Point and Click game that I had worked on for quite some time in Actionscript.

https://github.com/smks/blue-karma-as3

Now that is finished I want to rewrite it in Javascript. I came across Phaser, and it seems like the right way to go.

I installed the boilerplate code with Yeoman: 

yo phaser-official

My question is, I want to organize everything into its own class like structure to keep things maintainable, is this the right approach? Using the module pattern:

var BlueKarma = BlueKarma || {};BlueKarma.Sprite = BlueKarma.Sprite || {};/** * Example usage: * var player = new Player(game, 100, 100, 'player'); * * @param game * @param x * @param y * @param key * @param frame * @constructor */BlueKarma.Sprite.Player = function (game, x, y, key, frame) {    'use strict';	// add a new object Phaser.Sprite as prototype of Player	Phaser.Sprite.call(this, game, x, y, key, frame);    // set id of Sprite    this.id = 'Player';    // set anchor point of Sprite	this.anchor.setTo(0, 0);}/** preload function for Player of type Sprite **/BlueKarma.Sprite.Player.prototype.preload = function() {    // preload sprite    // this.load.image('player', 'assets/BlueKarma/sprites/player.png');}/** create function for Player of type Sprite **/BlueKarma.Sprite.Player.prototype.create = function() {    console.log("Created player");    // create sprite}/** update function for Player of type Sprite **/BlueKarma.Sprite.Player.prototype.update = function() {    // update sprite}// specify the constructorBlueKarma.Sprite.Player.prototype = Object.create(Phaser.Sprite.prototype);module.exports = BlueKarma.Sprite.Player;

Then when I want to use it in one of my game states: e.g. Level One:

'use strict';function Menu() {}Level1.prototype = {    preload: function () {        var player = require('../Players/Player');        playerInstance = new player();        // or                var player = new BlueKarma.Players.Player(game, 100, 100, 'player', 'player-frame');            },    create: function () {            }};module.exports = Level1;

Unsure as to how I can pull in the classes I need like I usually do with Actionscript.

Any help would be great!

Thanks,

Shaun.