Cant see imported mesh

br4tp1t

Hi,

im trying to show imported mesh but nothing appears, my code looks like this:

canvas = document.getElementById("3dcanvas");    engine = new BABYLON.Engine(canvas, true);    var createScene = function () {        var scene = new BABYLON.Scene(engine);        scene.clearColor = new BABYLON.Color3(0, 0, 0);        var camera = new BABYLON.FreeCamera("camera1", new BABYLON.Vector3(0, 5, -10), scene);        camera.setTarget(BABYLON.Vector3.Zero());        camera.attachControl(canvas, false);        var light = new BABYLON.HemisphericLight("light1", new BABYLON.Vector3(0, 1, 0), scene);        light.intensity = .5;        //var sphere = BABYLON.Mesh.CreateSphere("sphere1", 16, 2, scene);        //sphere.position.y = 1;        var ground = BABYLON.Mesh.CreateGround("ground1", 6, 6, 2, scene);        BABYLON.SceneLoader.ImportMesh("rack_hp", "./", "rack_hp.babylon", scene, function (newMeshes) {            alert(newMeshes[0].id);            newMeshes[0].position = new BABYLON.Vector3(0,0,0);            camera.target = newMeshes[0];        });        return scene;    };    var scene = createScene();    engine.runRenderLoop(function () {        scene.render();    });

i can see that mine http server sended the rack_hp.babylon file, also the alert with "newMeshes[0].id" is showing, i was trying also to change position of this mesh and change camera.target but nothing helped

here are mine files(im sending also obj file that ive converted with blender to babylon):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gkgh1m7o1jnmbsq/rack_hp.mtl?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wsgq88rxmejg75w/rack_hp.obj?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/llhw5zahezuu9rm/rack_intrapp.babylon?dl=0

Regards,

Piotr

Hi Piotr, welcome to the babylon forum :)

I think your problem lies with the object you are exporting.

The object is huge and even though the origin of the object is at (0,0,0) (yellow dot, A in image below) the closest faces are a long way from that origin point (see B and C in image below).

If you are making the camera look at the origin - probably does not see the actual mesh.

cheers, gryff :)

post-7026-0-39550100-1433164110.png

Hey, a quick look at your object - it is not centered at 0,0,0 , so setting its position at 0,0,0 is not going to work :-)

Try doing that (after loading the mesh):

newMeshes[0].position = newMeshes[0].getBoundingInfo().boundingBox.center.clone().negate()

and back away a bit, you will see the object.

And gryff explained how to fix it

Well not really RaananW - just the problem ;-)

One fix Piotr is :

1. In Object Mode in Blender, select the object, then go Object->Transform->Geometry To Origin.

2. Now re-export the mesh

3. Because the object is so large,  and your camera settings are:

var camera = new BABYLON.FreeCamera("camera1", new BABYLON.Vector3(0, 5, -10), scene);

it means you are likely to be inside the object

To fix this, will have to:

1. Scale down the object or

2. Move the camera so that its Z position is is perhaps ~ -150 to -200 units

3. And possibly set the maxZ value of the camera to perhaps 500

ok really thanks for help, ive exported once again the mesh but now ive scaled it down in blender and moved to center position it works like a charm :) Thanks guys :)

but now ive got second question, what is the best way to clone mine mesh because i need to make like 200 of them in one scene, and all of them need its own unique id so i can identify them, is there a way to save custom variables to mesh? so when i click them ill get mine variable/variables?

but dont have any idea how to move it corectly to center view

As I said above Piotr, "In Object Mode in Blender, select the object, then go Object->Transform->Geometry To Origin."

You can select an object by right clicking on it.

Then see image below for the "Object->Transform->Geometry To Origin." part.

post-7026-0-57602600-1433167053.png

best way to clone mine mesh because i need to make like 200 of them in one scene

Piotr, I'm not sure using mesh.clone() will be the way to go as your mesh has 42,000+ tris. And that would leave you with 8 million+ tris in your scene. This might be an alternative:

Instances

However, with "Instances" you can only vary certain properties of the meshes (see the link)