drawImage sucking up all memory in Chrome

ForgeableSum

For some inexplicable reason, my game has suddenly stopped working in Chrome. The FPS drops down to 5-10. I go back to older versions of the game that I KNOW were working and the same thing: FPS drops down to 5-10. This has happened before and magically fixes itself. Tried clearing cache - no effect. 

Try the game in IE and FF - no problems. So I know it's something specific to chrome. And I know it has nothing to do with my game code. Here's a JS profile:

Z8aYzXU.jpg

I don't quite now how to read this because I'm not familiar with how the pixi render works. Is drawImage using more than it's supposed to?

Also, something else I notice as odd in the network tab. Chrome tries to load these old image URIs that likely no longer exist in the cache. Not sure if that has anything to do with it. 

dOUhQnK.jpg

This issue is driving me mad. Appreciate any help. 

Oddly enough, a computer restart fixes the problem. But what could a computer restart fix that clearing cache and restarting Chrome couldn't? Unless it is something happening outside of Phaser/Chrome...but I'm not seeing anything unusual in windows resource monitor ... hmmm.