How to move objects ( randomly , not all at the same time ) to a target , and then stop them ?

DellaFree

Hi everybody !

I've made this playground http://www.babylonjs-playground.com/#1PTVTW#1 ; as you can see, the "ships", start moving from a random position and finally arrive to the target position (the cylinder in the middle). I would understand some things: first,how can I stop moving the ships when they arrive on the heightMap, (imagine a ship that arrives on an island)? I use the actionManager , and , to understand how it works, I change the color from yellow to red,
but they change too early. Actually I would that they stop when they reach the island (and not that change color); but I don't know how I can do that. Also I would understand how can I move these ships not at the same time (in my PG, they start all at the same time),  but I would that they start moving in different time (with a random time);  for example : the first ship starts after a 1s, the second after 2s, the third after 1.8s etc.

Do you think that my approach is correct, or I should use another way to achieve these things ? All the suggestions will be appreciate :D
Again, thanks for all guys,

cheeers

Hi @iiceman, thanks for your replay. That's excacly what I need :D It works fine. Really thanks. I think this topic is solved.

Just out of curiosity, I added a lots of ships on this PG http://www.babylonjs-playground.com/#1PTVTW#7, and I would like to know if there is a way to avoid that the ships arrive in the same position, and "crash" one against the other (some ships overlap).Is this possible?

Anyway, thanks a lot again,

cheers