P2 Colision detection only when impact is on top of the sprite

zajca

Hi,

I wan't to make simple game with phaser.

Player is on bottom of the page and items are falling down from top and player should catch them.

But when I setup collision with p2 of course whole player is colliding with items, but I want just to detect touch on top not on sides.

//EDIT: Best would be to fire different event when the sprite touch part of the mask just from one direction.

Here is how I create player and items, this is just test so I'm using basic body mask.

create:

// start the physics enginethis.physics.startSystem(Phaser.Physics.P2JS);// set the global gravitythis.physics.p2.gravity.y = 200;this.physics.p2.defaultRestitution = 0.8;this.physics.p2.setImpactEvents(true);this._playerCollisionGroup = this.physics.p2.createCollisionGroup();this._itemsCollisionGroup = this.physics.p2.createCollisionGroup();this.physics.p2.updateBoundsCollisionGroup();this._player = this.add.sprite(0, 930, 'player-idle');this.physics.p2.enable(this._player);this._player.body.fixedRotation = true;this._player.body.velocity.y = 0;this._player.body.velocity.x = 1;this._player.body.collideWorldBounds = true;this._player.body.setCircle(28);this._player.body.mass = 10;this._player.body.setZeroDamping();this._player.body.setCollisionGroup(this._playerCollisionGroup);this._player.body.collides(this._itemsCollisionGroup, this.hitItem, this);// create new group for itemsthis._itemGroup = this.add.group();this._itemGroup.enableBody = true;this._itemGroup.physicsBodyType = Phaser.Physics.P2JS;CatchGame.item.spawnItem(this);this.camera.follow(this._player);

itemCreation:

var item = game._itemGroup.create(Math.floor(Math.random()*CatchGame.GAME_WIDTH), 0, 'items');item.animations.add('anim', [itemType], 10, true);item.animations.play('anim');item.body.collideWorldBounds = false;item.body.setRectangle(40, 40);item.body.setCollisionGroup(game._itemsCollisionGroup);item.body.collides([game._playerCollisionGroup]);item.body.velocity.x = 0;item.body.velocity.y = 1;item.checkWorldBounds = true;