A few pointers please

ipaine

I guess you get this alot but I was wondering if someone could give me a few pointers?

I've decided to pursue learning Phaser and have come across many great tutorials. However I want to build a simple block stacking game as my first ground up (no pun intended) project for web/mobile, which then I'll integrate with Facebook scoring etc.

The idea is simple, a block animates from one side of the stage to another which when the screen is pressed/spacebar pressed it drops to the ground, the idea is to stack as many blocks on top of each other before the pile falls over and which each block dropped the next animates across the screen faster and faster.

So where should I start? Box2d, is it really required with something so simple? 

TBH, in the way that some of the box2d demos/tutorials I've seen works, which in a nutshell seems to be around if the top box/layer is over halfway more than the bottom. I think I'll have to invest in it. EDIT: This was the tutorial I saw http://goo.gl/cwtr84

I've been reading Interphase and have the structure of stages worked out, (boot, preload, menu, main etc). Would the animated block (side to side) be best as a tween or using the update cycle, or something else. Sorry about the noob questions, once I get going I'll be fine.