this.scale or this.game.scale is undefined

Todi

Hello guys,

So, I'm trying to scale my game to fit the screen size of my smartphone using this code:

create: function () {                var style = { font: "bold 32px Verdana", fill: "#f00" };                this.scale.scaleMode = Phaser.ScaleManager.SHOW_ALL;                this.scale.setMinMax(512, 384, 1024, 768);                this.scale.pageAlignHorizontally = true;                this.scale.pageAlignVertically = true;                this.scale.forceOrientation(true, false);                this.scale.enterIncorrectOrientation.add(this.enterIncorrectOrientation, this);                this.scale.leaveIncorrectOrientation.add(this.leaveIncorrectOrientation, this);                this.scale.setScreenSize(true);                                this.game.add.text(0, 0, 'Pizza Mayhem', style);            }

But it didn't work. When I debug the code it says that this.scale or this.game.scale are undefined objects. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks!

Hmm, could you try posting it onto a jsFiddle so that we can replicate the error? It could be that your setup is wrong.

You can use this as a starting point and fork it:

http://jsfiddle.net/chongdashu/e80ywwhp/

So, I'm using RequireJS, it will be really weird and not work on jsFiddle. Follow my code bellow:

index.html

<html>    <head>        <meta charset="utf-8">        <meta name="viewport" content="user-scalable=no, initial-scale=1, maximum-scale=1, minimum-scale=1, width=device-width">        <title>Pizza Mayhem</title>                <!-- CSS style -->        <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="css/style.css">                <!-- require lib -->        <script data-main="config" src="lib/require.js"></script>    </head>    <body>        <div id="game"></div>        <div id="orientation"></div>    </body></html>

config.js (requirejs)

require.config({    baseUrl: 'js/',    paths: {        phaser: '../lib/phaser'    },    shim: {        'phaser': {            exports: 'Phaser'        }    }});requirejs(['Main']);

Main.js

define(['phaser', 'Boot'], function (Phaser, Boot) {    'use strict';    var game;    game = new Phaser.Game(1024, 768, Phaser.AUTO, 'game');    game.state.add('Boot', Boot);    game.state.start('Boot');});

Boot.js

define(['phaser'], function (Phaser) {    'use strict';    function Boot (game) {        // code me!    };    Boot.prototype.constructor = Boot;    Boot.prototype.init = function () {        this.scale.scaleMode = Phaser.ScaleManager.NO_SCALE;        this.scale.pageAlignHorizontally = true;        this.scale.pageAlignVertically = true;    };        Boot.prototype.preload = function () {        this.game.load.image('bg', 'assets/misc/bg.png');    };    Boot.prototype.create = function () {        var style;        style = { font: "bold 32px Verdana", fill: "#f00" };//        this.game.add.text(0, 0, 'Pizza Mayhem', style);        this.game.add.sprite(0, 0, 'bg');    };    return Boot;});

Sorry for the wall of code.

Thanks!

EDIT: Its really weird, but, the cordova don't copy the files into the application. I don't know what happen but when I inspect my game WebView inside my Android phone, it shows this errors:

http://i.imgur.com/10qRB0J.png

Sounds like it's not an issue on the Phaser end of things, but about the environment you've got set up. Maybe someone else with more experience with Cordova and/or RequireJS can chime in.

I modified some things, following the RequireJS Template in official github of Phaser, but now the error persists on Cordova. After I modified some lines of code everything works well in browser, but not in Cordova when I try to run my application. The new error is:

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.* What went wrong:Execution failed for task ':mergeDebugAssets'.> java.lang.NullPointerException (no error message)* Try:Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output.BUILD FAILEDTotal time: 4.06 secsC:\Users\Alexandre Ferreira\Projetos\HTML5\pizzamayhem\platforms\android\cordova\node_modules\q\q.js:126                    throw e;                          ^Error code 1 for command: cmd with args: /s /c ""C:\Users\Alexandre Ferreira\Projetos\HTML5\pizzamayhem\platforms\android\gradlew" cdvBuildDebug -b "C:\Users\Alexandre Ferreira\Projetos\HTML5\pizzamayhem\platforms\android\build.gradle" -PcdvBuildArch=arm -Dorg.gradle.daemon=true"

Btw, thanks for your patience!

EDIT: I solved the cordova error doing remove and add the Android platform, now I will test the fullscreen mode and scale.

EDIT: Everything works fine!  :D