Randomly select a safe tile from a tilemap

yltang

Having been searching around, but couldn't find a solution. I am working on tilemaps. I would like to place a target on one of the safe tiles randomly for the player to collect. How would I do it?

The following is what I'm getting so far. Please advise, thanks.

...this.map = game.add.tilemap('map');this.map.addTilesetImage('tiles', 'tiles');this.layer = this.map.createLayer('Tile Layer 1');this.map.setCollision(20, true, this.layer);// Supposing the safe tile number is 1, how do I randomly select a safe tile?this.safeTile = 1;

doesn't seem to be an option to get an array of tiles by index, so create an array of safeTile's up front (faster to search through during the game) by searching through the map for tiles with index 1...  and then picking a random item from that array later

i havent checked this code but it looks about right

var safeTileIndex=1var safeTiles = []var tiles = layer1.getTiles(0,0, layer1.width, layer1.height)tiles.forEach(function(tile) {  if(tile.index==safeTileIndex) {    safeTiles.push(tile)  }})var tile = Phaser.ArrayUtils.getRandomItem(tiles)console.log(tile, tile.x, tile.y, tile.worldX, tile.worldY)

Thanks a lot. However, the variable "safeTileIndex" doesn't seem to be accessible from the function of "tiles.forEach(...)". I don't know why and I end up with the following

for (var i=0; i<tiles.length; i++) {  if (tiles[i].index==safeTileIndex) {    safeTiles.push(tiles[i]);  }} 

Thanks a lot. However, the variable "safeTileIndex" doesn't seem to be accessible from the function of "tiles.forEach(...)". I don't know why and I end up with the following

for (var i=0; i<tiles.length; i++) {  if (tiles[i].index==safeTileIndex) {    safeTiles.push(tiles[i]);  }} 

It's out of scope. Try this instead:

// make these properties instead of variablesthis.safeTileIndex = 1;this.safeTiles = [];this.tiles = layer1.getTiles(0,0, layer1.width, layer1.height);this.tiles.forEach(function(tile) {  if(tile.index === this.safeTileIndex) {    this.safeTiles.push(tile)  }}, this); // pass the parent object into the scope of the forEach method

Now you should be able to access the properties from within the forEach.