Keep cache from one state to another?

ForgeableSum

Is there a way to prevent Phaser from destroying the cache when going from 1 game state to another? I already tried:

game.cache.destroy = null;

I also tried setting clearWorld and clearCache (internal booleans) to false when starting the new state:

game.state.start("New State",false,false); 

And yet, the cache still gets wiped. I tried going through every instance (in Phaser) of cache.destroy and commenting it out ... yet still the cache does not carry over from 1 state to the next!

Yes, the game assets cache, e.g. game.cache._images. game.cache._json, etc. When you say "i know that works" are you saying that the cache does not automatically be destroyed when you go from one cache to another? What works? When I mean states, I don't mean going from preload to create, etc inside of a single state. I mean going from one state to a complete different state. I want one state to have access to the assets loaded in the preload of another state. 

Yes, sorry, I meant "moving from one state to another does not empty the asset cache". My game, running Phaser 2.4.4, preloads in one state, has a main menu in a second, then plays in a third... all using assets loaded in the first preload state.

I'm kind of at a loss as to why that's happening for you, especially if you're commenting out all the "empty" and "destroy" methods and it's still happening. Can you make it happen in a minimal example on codepen or jsbin or something?

Yes, sorry, I meant "moving from one state to another does not empty the asset cache". My game, running Phaser 2.4.4, preloads in one state, has a main menu in a second, then plays in a third... all using assets loaded in the first preload state.

I'm kind of at a loss as to why that's happening for you, especially if you're commenting out all the "empty" and "destroy" methods and it's still happening. Can you make it happen in a minimal example on codepen or jsbin or something?

Please see my comment here: http://www.html5gamedevs.com/topic/18995-webgl-invalid-image-error/#entry108664