How do I call a phaser Typescript method from plain old javascript function?

LogicaLinsanity

After the state has already loaded, i have a javascript method that gets called from my server in a client-server setup (SignalR hub). It looks something like this:

connection.client.updatePlayerPosClient = (playerPosModel) => {
        Module.RemotePlayerManager.prototype.UpdateRemotePlayer(playerPosModel);       
    }

this calls a method in my exported class RemotePlayerManager. The breakpoint hits correctly at the UpdateRemotePlayer method. And her'es what the UpdateRemotePlayer method looks like:

public UpdateRemotePlayer(playerPosModel) {
            this._zone.UpdateSpritePos(playerPosModel.Id, playerPosModel.X, playerPosModel.Y);

}

_zone is a variable that is assigned to in the constructor of RemotePlayerManager (I pass the "zone" state to this manager's constructor). If I set a breakpoint at the constructor level i do see the zone state is passed to the _zone variable. However, if I set a breakpoint at the code above when looking for "this._zone". _zone is undefined. the "this" scope correctly shows some other public property members of the RemotePlayerManager as well as the above public UpdateRemotePlayer class. but, somehow _zone is undefined?

Edit: I may have narrowed things down to the fact that I'm trying to call a method from the state passed in the constructor of the typescript class, but the reference to that state is no longer there now that I've left the constructor? I don't know how to "hold" a reference to the state from an external plain old javascript method.

Update (figured it out):

Turns out MIXING javascript IIFE calls with typescript calls can be hazardous. I have a totally unrelated (i thought) hub start happening BEFORE this client method was bound. I realized, even tho, I have two Hubs, there's really only one hub.start(); silly me.

You had "Module.RemotePlayerManager.prototype.UpdateRemotePlayer(playerPosModel);" in your code. That's the prototypal object, not the instance of the JS class.

If your RemotePlayerManager is a singleton then you should probably use an object literal instead of a class.

1 hour ago, drhayes said:

You had "Module.RemotePlayerManager.prototype.UpdateRemotePlayer(playerPosModel);" in your code. That's the prototypal object, not the instance of the JS class.

If your RemotePlayerManager is a singleton then you should probably use an object literal instead of a class.

Thanks, I realize I was making this mistake as well. I think that was the reason I was getting the original error I saw, because the prototype is not an instance. I'm not too familiar with vanilla js. :(