iOS sound fades on app minimize

RyuMaster

Hi! I am using the latest stable phaser build. When I minimize the app, sound fades out, but it keeps on 'playing', because when I get back, I can see sound position updated further way in sound debug info. But, the actual sound is played from the position I left. Can anyone confirm, that it is a bug? The should not be any fade in/out at all, sound should just continue playing.

this.stage.disableVisibilityChange = true;

this is set. I tested on iphone 4 and iphone 6; 

It can be reproduced with this simple example: http://phaser.io/examples/v2/audio/play-music (just need to add this.stage.disableVisibilityChange = true);

I need the sound to keep on playing, that is the reason why I am struggling with it.

Yes, it might be so that iOS fades sound out of focus lost, but, it does not happen for other website, which has webaudio player and does not use Phaser framework. So this must be phaser-specific.

Too bad, I have no clue where to start looking, I did not find and focus-related code for the sounds inside source code of phaser, and my idea of setting   forceSetTimeOut: true  made no difference

So, I've been reading through the updates to Phaser introduced in 2.4.5, and I've noticed sound and sound manager is referenced several times. It might be worth updating and trying out your game again and see if maybe this update magically fixed things.