Babylonjs (v2.4.0-alpha)

spritefire

Hey guys,

Just a heads up that some of my older content stopped working with the newer release (I reverted the links back from the standard Babylon link to CDN version specific links to fix the issue). 
Not sure what changes are coming in the next version, and I am happy to share the code when I get home so you can have a look and see if you can find whats causing the issue.

Actually I have I'll just post now :P

var canvas = document.getElementById("renderCanvas");
        var engine = new BABYLON.Engine(canvas, true);

var createScene = function () {

var scene = new BABYLON.Scene(engine);

var light = new BABYLON.PointLight("Omni", new BABYLON.Vector3(25, -15, 25), scene);
            var light1 = new BABYLON.PointLight("Omni1", new BABYLON.Vector3(-25, 25, 5), scene);
            var light2 = new BABYLON.PointLight("Omni2", new BABYLON.Vector3(0, 55, 10), scene);

var camera = new BABYLON.ArcRotateCamera("Camera", Math.PI/2*3, 0, 100, new BABYLON.Vector3(0, 0, 0), scene);

BABYLON.SceneLoader.ImportMesh("", "babylon/", "desiren.babylon", scene, function (newMeshes) {

camera.target = newMeshes[0];

scene.clearColor = new BABYLON.Color4(0,0,0,0);
                    scene.getMeshByName("test").materialmesh;

scene.textMat = new BABYLON.StandardMaterial("boxed", scene);
                    scene.textMat.diffuseColor = new BABYLON.Color3(0.1, 0.1, 0.1);
                    scene.textMat.specularColor = new BABYLON.Color3(0.4, 0.4, 0.4);

scene.getMeshByName("test").material = scene.textMat;

scene.getMeshByName("test").position = new BABYLON.Vector3(0, 10, 0);
                    scene.getMeshByName("test").rotationQuaternion = null;

scene.registerBeforeRender(function () {

});

});

return scene;
        }

var scene = createScene();

engine.runRenderLoop(function () {
            scene.render();
        });

In the meantime I'd recommend looking at some older content too and seeing if the later babylon works with that. The code wasn't very complex so it will probably occur for other too who aren't linking to specific versions of babylon.

baberr.png

Awesome! looks like it has been fixed :)

I had noticed as well that the camera angle had changed a bit with the newer version ie the model was appearing half off the canvas with the new version and would be centered in canvas with older versions, but that also has been fixed now :)