Coregrounds - Tower Defense goes eSport

nolife_Nekh

Hey fellow Gamedevs!

I want to show you guys my project Coregrounds. It's is a multiplayer tower defense game; being competitive at its core, it is captivating and rewarding not only to play, but also to watch. Coregrounds delivers an exciting esport experience and yet radiates an indie charm. The trailer above will give you an idea how the game works exactly. And I have another gameplay video with highlights from last year's tiny little Championship:

Some background information about the tech used: all of it is custom built, HTML5 on the client side, node.js on the server side. The unit sprites are SVGs dyed in the color of your choosing. The game is multi-platform and already playable on desktop and mobile devices, native apps aren't done yet though.

And now I'm all ears for your feedback! :-)

• 2 weeks later...

This looks very interesting.  After watching the tutorials it still seems like a bit of a learning curve, but it may be worth it.

I note I can't end a VS AI game at the pick screen.  Reloading alerts me that I'll receive a temporary ban, and reconnecting just reconnects to the AI game.  Going to Settings > Surrender just closes the settings menu and continues the pick phase.

• 2 weeks later...